Trumpington Village Sign unveiled June 2010, designed by Sheila Betts.
Trumpington Local History Group

1861 Census of Trumpington
Copyright © Trumpington Local History Group, 2011. Updated 12 September 2011.
Email:
admin@trumpingtonlocalhistorygroup.org
This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group
to transcribe the eight censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841
to 1911. This page has an introduction to the 1861 census and a PDF file
with the
1861 census transcription. If you find an error, or wish to make
any comments, please contact our
census address.
Census of 7th April 1861
RG9/1022 Enumeration District 13

Enumerator: Thomas Rickhard Higham [Thomas Rickard Higham]

"The whole of the Parish of Trumpington including the village of Trumpington, Eddlestones
Farm & cottage, Bennetts Farm & cottages, Cawcutts Farm, cottages adjoining and those in
Mill Lane, Houses & cottages on Cambridge Road adjoining Mill road to and including Millers
house, Cottages at Dagling End, Manor House & Anstey Hall, cottages in lane leading to
Grantchester, Tollers House in the field, Weighbridge House, cottages & Holbens Farm in the
field, Turnpike Gate House on Harston Road, Adcocks House & House in Hills road".

Road names are given, but no actual house numbers, although the enumerator used his own
numbering system within each road.
The Unicorn public house, to the north of the school and headmaster's
house. Isaac Bryant, 19 Church Street, was recorded as an Innkeeper in
1861. Photo: Andrew Roberts, May 2009.
The Unicorn public house, to the north of the school and headmaster's house. Isaac Bryant, 19 Church Street, was recorded as an Innkeeper in 1861. Photo: Andrew Roberts, May 2009.