|Trumpington Local History Group
1881 Census of Trumpington
This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group
to transcribe the eight censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841
to 1911. This page has an introduction to the 1881 census and a PDF file
with the 1881 census transcription. If you find an error, or wish to make
any comments, please contact our census address.
Census of 3rd April 1881
RG11/1663 Enumeration District 11
Enumerator: George E Hutt
"The whole of the Civil Parish of Trumpington, comprising Trumpington Village, Gamekeeper's
Cottage, Houses and cottage near Stone Bridge, Blands farm and Cottages, Jones' Farm &
cottage, Jones' House and Cottages, another house near these, Oakeys farm & cottages,
Cottages near the mill including Sayles House, & Whitmore's house on Cambridge Road,
Cottage at Dagling End, Manor House & Anstey Hall with Servants' cottages, Cottages in
Grantchester Lane, House in Parson's Fields, Weighbridge House Cottage & cottage adjoining,
Railway Gate House, Cavendish College* and Butler's Cottage Hills Road".
* not transcribed here.
The only road to be given house numbers is Swan's Yard.
|Extract from the 1901
Ordnance Survey map,
showing Southacre to
the north east of
Latham Road, built in
1880 for Reverend
Henry Latham. Henry
Latham and servants
were living at Southacre
(Cambridge Road) in