Trumpington Village Sign unveiled June 2010, designed by Sheila Betts.
Trumpington Local History Group

1891 Census of Trumpington
Copyright © Trumpington Local History Group, 2014. Updated 1 July 2014.
Email:
admin@trumpingtonlocalhistorygroup.org
This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group
to transcribe the eight censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841
to 1911. This page has an introduction to the 1891 census and a PDF file
with the
1891 census transcription. If you find an error, or wish to make
any comments, please contact our
census address.
Census of 5th April 1891
RG12/1282 Enumeration District 3

Enumerator: George E Hutt

"Comprising Trumpington Village, Game-keepers cottage, Houses near Stone Bridge now called
Chaucer Road, Blands Farm and Cottages, Houses in the said Farm Road and Houses in the
Trumpington Road leading from Cambridge. Jones' farm & cottages. Jones' House & cottages.
Vawser's House in field & cottages near. Oakey's farm and cottages. Houses near the Mill
including Bumpsted's House & Lodge and new Residences in Mill Road approaching Village.
Cottage at Dagling End, the Manor House and Anstey Hall & Cottages in lane leading to
Grantchester. House in the field & Parson's farm House. Weighbridge Houses. Railway Gate
House and Cavendish College* Hills Road. The Glebe Farm on Shelford Road. New Cottages
in Alpha Terrace in the Village".

* not transcribed here.

The only road to be given house numbers is Alpha Terrace.
Extract from 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Trumpington, with Anstey
Hall and Church Farm. There were three servants living at Anstey Hall in
the 1891 census (the owner was not present).
Extract from 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Trumpington, with Anstey Hall and Church Farm. There were three servants living at Anstey Hall in the 1891 census (the owner was not present).