Trumpington Village Sign unveiled June 2010, designed by Sheila Betts.
Trumpington Local History Group

1901 Census of Trumpington
Copyright © Trumpington Local History Group, 2014. Updated 1 July 2014.
Email:
admin@trumpingtonlocalhistorygroup.org
This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group
to transcribe the eight censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841
to 1911. This page has an introduction to the 1901 census and a PDF file
with the
1901 census transcription. If you find an error, or wish to make
any comments, please contact our
census address.
Census of 31st March 1901
RG13/1527 Enumeration District 3

Enumerator: George Edward Hutt

"Trumpington Village, Gamekeeper's Cottage and Houses in Chaucer Road. Bland's farm and
Cottages and Houses in the said farm road, Houses in the Trumpington Road leading from
Cambridge. Jones' & Arnold's Farm formerly Fetche's. Jones Ho. and Cottages, Dukes two
farms formerly Oakey's & Edlestone's and Cottages. Residences in Mill Road approaching the
Village, Alpha Terrace, North Terrace, the Manor House, Anstey Hall, Cottages in Lane leading
to Grantchester, Ho. in the field & Parson's Farm Ho. Weighbridge House. Railway Gate Ho.
Houses on Hills Road near Homerton New College."

All in the Civil Parish of Trumpington, including the Ecclesiastical Parishes of Trumpington
(entire) and Cherryhinton St John the Evangelist (part of). Houses on Hills Road (with Jones'
House and Cottages) in St John the Evangelist, rest in Trumpington.

The only roads to be given house numbers are Alpha Terrace (up to no. 22), North Cottages,
Swan's Yard and Whitelock's Yard.

Two new columns of information appear for the first time: "Employer, Worker or Own
account" and "If working at Home", applied to those who worked on their own account.
Extract from 1901 Ordnance Survey map. Edwin A. Marshall was the
brewer and publican of the Tally Ho, Cambridge Road, in 1901.
Extract from 1901 Ordnance Survey map. Edwin A. Marshall was the brewer and publican of the Tally Ho, Cambridge Road, in 1901.