|Trumpington Local History Group
Extension: Monument Finding List
|The Trumpington Churchyard Extension at the corner of Shelford Road and Hauxton Road
opened in 1893, when there was limited space available in the original churchyard. An early map
of the area shows an entrance from Shelford Road, with one path going straight across the
cemetery and another going around the perimeter (Land Value map, 1910-11). The majority of
graves were laid out in lines parallel with the path across the cemetery, with others on the outer
side of the perimeter path. A line of yew trees was planted both sides of the central path and
inside the perimeter path near Shelford Road.
In 2015-2016, the Local History Group produced a list of the monuments that could be identified
within the Churchyard Extension. This project was undertaken by Wendy Roberts, Howard
Slatter and Andrew Roberts, see the resulting Monument Finding List: Word file or PDF file
(updated 29 November 2017).
There is a separate highlights page with information about some of the individuals buried in the
We would be grateful for any additional information about the graves or the individuals.
|Copyright © Trumpington Local History Group, 2017. Updated 29 November 2017.
|Entrance to Trumpington Churchyard Extension, Shelford
Road. Photo: Andrew Roberts, 16 May 2014.
|Finding list of the monuments in Trumpington Churchyard Extension,
updated November 2017.